What is a launcher exactly? Simply put, a launcher lets you control Android. It’s what allows you to swipe back and forth between your home screens, the transition that occurs between those home screens, how your application drawer operates, and how you switch between apps. You get the idea. Without an application launcher you couldn’t navigate anywhere around your phone.
Examples of Launchers are:
There are other launchers out there, just search the android market place, all which have their advantages and disadvantages. However, The Tech Temple recommends using Launcher Pro due to the following reasons:
- Social networking integration
- Amount of skins you can download, allowing you to customize to your hearts content
- Customization Options
Words are nothing until you see it in action so stop reading and peep the Launcher Pro Basic Overview video below. As always, comments and questions are more than welcome.
That was just the basic version. Click here to see the advanced version including how to change your dock, change your icons, where to get doc and icon backgrounds from and more!
- Review: MXHome T For Android (ititothemes.wordpress.com)
- ADW Launcher 2 a sign of things to come (droiddog.com)
- Regina 3D Launcher Is A Free Launcher For Android With 3D Graphics (kozar.wordpress.com)