The world’s largest event for the mobile industry, Mobile World Congress, has just passed and gave everyone a great look at what phones are coming in the very near future. The major smartphones everyone took note of were Samsung’s Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge, as well as LG’s G5. All three of these devices are most likely to be on all 4 major U.S. carriers, but what if you’re dissatisfied with your current carrier?
If you happen to be on T-Mobile, Sprint or Verizon then you may be in luck. AT&T is offering upwards of $650 for switching per line and trading in your current smartphone. Combining this with their other current promotion of buying one smartphone and getting a second one for free makes AT&T a very enticing place to be. In the event that you haven’t fully paid off your current phone, the $650 should take care of that.
If you play this deal right, you could get a free S7 or G5 as your buy-one-get-one device. The Galaxy S7 is available for pre order and will arrive next week, should you choose it. Unfortunately the G5 is still listed as coming soon. The good news is that even if you’re a current AT&T customer, the BOGO offer is still valid.
AT&T’s press release states the following:
· Purchase a new smartphone on AT&T NextSM, activate a new line of qualified postpaid wireless service with AT&T, and port your number from Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile.
· Trade-in your current eligible smartphone (minimum $10 value) online or in our stores and receive either AT&T store credit or an AT&T Promotion Card in the amount of your trade-in value.
· Submit the final statement from your previous carrier online.
· Receive an AT&T promotion Visa pre-paid gift card in the amount of the early. termination fee or device balance owed on your final bill minus your trade-in value.
· Receive total credits of up to $650.
I’ll keep a lookout to see if I can find any other special deals for Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint. Gotta love the wireless carrier fights.